Are you having a dinner party and don't know what to serve? Below is a recipe for Bucatini All'Amatriciana (via Epicurious). I am a huge fan of Italian food so, naturally, it is something that I recommend. Trust me, you are going to love it!
• 2 tbls. extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 oz. thinly sliced guanciale, pancetta, or chopped unsmoked bacon
• 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
• 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 3/4 cup minced onion
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• One 28 oz. can peeled tomatoes with juices, crushed by hand
• Kosher salt
• 12 oz. dried bucatini or spaghetti
• 1/4 cup finely grated Pecorino (about 1 ounce)
Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat. Add guanciale/pancetta/unsmoked bacon and sauté until crisp and golden (about 4 minutes). Add pepper flakes and black pepper; stir for 10 seconds. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until soft (about 8 minutes). Add tomatoes, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 15-20 minutes.
Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season with salt; add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until 2 minutes before al dente. Drain, reserving 1 cup of pasta cooking water.
Add drained pasta to sauce in skillet and toss vigorously with tongs to coat. Add 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water and cook until sauce coats pasta and pasta is al dente (about 2 minutes). Add a little pasta water if sauce is too dry. Stir in cheese and transfer pasta to warmed bowls
♥ Vesna ♥